We’ve lost count of all the times patients have asked whether their insurance will cover their hearing aids. In fact, it is perhaps one of the first questions patients ask us once they learn that they need hearing devices.
Understanding insurance and all the inclusions and exclusions can be rather difficult and confusing. That’s why we’ve written this blog – to clear up some of the confusion and give you a gentle nudge in the right direction.
At Fox Valley ENT, we partner with all major insurance companies, and we are also well versed in helping our patients find out just how much their insurance will cover.
Hearing Aid Costs
We highly recommend that you carefully consider what hearing aid features you definitely need. Make a list of features you can’t do without, a list of features you’d like but could manage without them, and a list of features you don’t need at all.
Hearing aid costs can rapidly increase depending on their additional features, so it is a good idea to consider a few choices. You can then narrow your decision down to a price tag that works for you. Should your insurance not cover certain features you require, we’ll be happy to arrange a financing plan with you.
Common types of cover include:
- Medicare – Hearing aid costs are not covered.
- Private health insurance – Review your individual plan for specifics.
- Veterans Administration benefits – Qualified veterans can receive access to hearing aids from VA healthcare facilities.
What does my personal insurance package include?
Because packages differ from one person to the next, we can’t answer this without some investigation. We recommend that you read through your policy or phone your provider with any questions you may have.
If you don’t have your insurance policy on hand or you can’t sit down and review your policy in detail, we’ll be happy to help. Just click here, fill in the required information, and we’ll inquire with your insurance company for you.
Important questions to ask your provider:
- “Do you cover the full cost of my hearing aids or only partial costs?”
- “Am I limited to using only certain hearing aid providers?”
- “How do payments work? Should my hearing aid provider bill you directly, or should I pay my hearing provider and then you’ll reimburse me later?”
- “Are there certain hearing aid models that I must choose from or am I free to choose the one I want?”
We’re here to help.
If you need a hand with figuring out what your health insurance package covers, we’ll be happy to help. Simply complete this form with your personal and insurance details and we’ll find out everything you need to know. Once we have an answer, we’ll be in touch to arrange a time to meet with you and explain what you are eligible for.
With offices in Algonquin, Elgin, and St. Charles, Fox Valley ENT strives to improve our patients’ lives. To begin your journey to better hearing, contact us today to arrange an appointment with one of our friendly audiologists.